Hi there! To start off the week I made some delicious rhubarb muffins. Our rhubarb plant has been growing like crazy for the past couple of weeks. Of course now, after quite a few recipes involving rhubarb, it has to grow back. 🙂
Ingredients: (for the muffin)
3/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup date sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups chopped rhubarb
3 large eggs at room temperature
1/3 cup butter or coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients: (for the streusel)
1 cup coconut flakes
pinch of salt
3 Tablespoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons powdered maple sugar
2 Tablespoons butter or coconut oil
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12- compartment muffin tin with cupcake papers and set aside. Or spread butter inside a muffin baking stone and set aside.
- Prepare the muffin batter in a large mixing bowl. Combine the coconut and tapioca flours, baking soda, date sugar, and cinnamon. Then add rhubarb and mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the wet and dry mixtures together and mix well.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin tins.
- To make the streusel; In a mixing bowl whisk together coconut flakes, salt, and cinnamon. Melt butter and combine with maple syrup, then add to the dry mixture.
- Mix the coconut flake mixture with the butter and maple syrup. Spoon onto each muffin top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and let cool before serving or storing.
Have a great week!