That’s right, a donut made from plantains! There so good and very easy to make, a great choice for any last minute planning or if you just need a donut fix.
2 yellow plantains
4 tbs. melted coconut oil
2 eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tbs. xyla (or sweetener of choice)
2 tsp. vanilla powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel plantains and place in a blender, blend very well.
- Add rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into well greased donut pans. (muffin tins will work fine as well)
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool completely before removing.
For the topping of my donuts I melted 1 tablespoon butter and brushed it on the top of each. I then sprinkled xyla and cinnamon on the top, chocolate or vanilla frosting would also work, but be creative!
Have a great week!