Welcome back readers! This week my goal was to make a successful paleo bread. I have tried a few different recipes in the past but in most of them I have had to exchange an ingredient for one I had on hand, which can change the consistency of the bread product. Many paleo breads also call for either a nut flour or nut butter, which can pose a problem if you can not have nuts or just don’t care for the nutty taste. You can imagine I was quite excited when I came across the following recipe in my research. With just a few minor changes the bread came out fabulous. It will definitely be made again soon! (So long as our flock of chickens can keep up with the high egg demand!)
Paleo Bread Recipe:
1 1/2 cups tapioca starch
1 cup flaxseed meal
4 whole eggs
4 egg whites
4 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp. course sea salt
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cream of tarter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl combine the tapioca starch, flaxseed meal, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tarter, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the eggs, egg whites, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar. Blend with a hand mixer until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and mix until there are no dry lumps.
- Pour batter into a well greased bread pan. (I used butter to grease my bread pan, and I sprinkled some tapioca flour on the sides and bottom of the pan to prevent further sticking.*)
- Bake for 35 minutes.
*the bread came out perfectly, with no sticking, using this method
Have a great rest of the week and thanks for reading!